Be the Change

I started 4 Acts of Kindness because I need more kindness in my life and in the lives of the people around me. I often get compliments about how sweet, polite and kind my children are. And they are. However, they are not always kind to each other. They are 2 years apart and get along about 25% of the time. The other 75% of the time, they bicker, argue and compete! It drives my husband and me crazy. We’ve tried everything, parenting books, a family kindness contract, therapy and yet the competition and sibling rivalry continues. Thus, my exploration into the subject of kindness.

I teach a Tween yoga class every Wednesday, so I took the opportunity to try out my 4 Acts of Kindness on this group first before I challenged my own children. I asked the girls to sit in a circle, close their eyes and breathe. I introduced the concept of the 4 Acts of Kindness:

  1. Being Kind to Yourself
  2. Being Kind to Others
  3. Being Kind to Someone you have a challenging relationship with, that you do not know very well, that you may not like or that you may find different or strange.
  4. Being Kind to our Earth

I asked the girls to try to perform these acts of kindness and then report back to me.  My hope is that by challenging myself and others to 4 Acts of Kindness daily that I will change, the people around me will change and maybe, just maybe I can spread more kindness in the world. Follow me on this journey and let’s see what we can do!

I challenge all of you to start practicing the 4 Acts of Kindness daily and let me know how the practice changes your life.

Thank you,


Mahatma Gandhi

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

Author: Jennifer Palazzo

I am a writer, digital marketer, yoga instructor, mom, and pursuer of truth, kindness, delicious & healthy foods, natural alternatives to mainstream products and the best gluten free foods available. Follow me as I explore the wonders of living a kind, vibrant and healthy life.

One thought on “Be the Change”

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: